Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Questions I don't have answers for

Today was a day of me looking wide-eyed and blank at people asking me questions.

I went to my third wedding dress fitting (which is likely the last one) and after the gal got the straps draped and pinned and I got back out of the dress she asked if I was just in town for the day...

"Huh?"
"Well I was just wondering when you wanted to come back for pickup, I don't think I can get it ready today..."
"Oh, um, how soon could I come?"
"Whenever you want! I just have to sew those straps then you're all set."

Like, DONE done? Yeah, not prepared for that reality, I think actually having the dress hanging in my own closet is gonna mess with my mind.

We had a guest at the fitting, Patty Forte Linna, who is an artist my family knows and my parents ARE COMMISSIONING A PORTRAIT OF MY LOVE AND I FOR A WEDDING GIFT. How stinking amazing is that??

She had a million questions about poses and angles and framing and lighting and I swear I just went "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm......" for an hour straight. She took a bunch of reference photos and gushed over my dress and me as befits her warm, larger than life personality. I have the assignment of getting reference pictures of my love when I go to see him next week. Wait til he hears that he has to get into his blues just for a photo op...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Katie. I love this post. I love your honesty and your vulnerability. I love your eloquence even as you describe not knowing all the answers. I love you!! Praying for you, sweet cousin!