Thursday, March 24, 2011

Married!

My love and I have gone through a crazy journey, and all along we've done things our own unique way for sure. Now we're at it again...

A couple months back when I got back from my first visit to Jacksonville, my Dad jokingly asked if Andrew and I had just gone ahead and gotten married...we hadn't but that got us talking about the pros of getting legally married before he deployed, even though a big wedding had to wait til after.

I was a little resistant at first, would it take away from the wedding, would people understand? The fact that just being a fiancée gave me no legal status when it came to hearing about Andrew's condition really clinched my decision though. As a wife I would hear all the news, and if *I* got hurt they would potentially bring him home if he was overseas. We decided it was a good idea but that we were only going to tell immediate family for the time being.

This has become a problem because 1) this is crazy exciting and 2) I'm bad with secrets and 3) I started to forget why we were even keeping it quiet to begin with, so, now y'all know!

Andrew and I got married by the Onslow County, NC Magistrate on March 11th...we are still gonna have a big wedding later, but, yeah. :) We went down to the Register of Deeds, filled out our application and got our license, then grabbed another couple that was getting married (also a Marine) and went around the corner to the Magistrate's office to make it all official. The Magistrate also does...I guess it would be called Traffic Court in other places? So in line ahead of us was a gal reporting a stolen car, ha! It was...well, not the prettiest of buildings and offices. We had a ball with our secret little ceremony though, and afterwards enjoyed a meal at Golden Corral where we got stares since we were quite overdressed.



The Magistrate! Classy!



Ecstatic newlyweds outside the courts building



Rings :)

I absolutely could not be happier that I am married to my wonderful husband, and I can't wait to celebrate at the wedding and move to live with him!

6 comments:

Lana G! said...

So glad you made the decision to do this! It makes total sense!!

laurab said...

Yahoooooooooo! Could not be happier for the two of you! Love you so very much!

Greg & Ellen said...

So glad the news is out and so happy for the two of you. God is good!

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

Any lady marrying a serviceman is totally in her right mind to marry before he ships out! Heaven forbid he doesn't come home and you kick yourself for not marrying beforehand, right?

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

Welcome to the world of newlywedism! ;)

Beth and John Kirincich said...

Many many congratulations to you guys!