Thursday, June 30, 2011

Questions I don't have answers for Pt. 2

Life these days is quite interesting...I wrote a post before about not having answers to questions. Well now it's not so much not having answers as not being able to share them. Now as my husband is off doing his job, I have a job as well, and it is to respect OPSEC rules and not blab online about anything that could endanger him or any Marines. I couldn't come running on here and vent about adjusting to the deployment because I couldn't share dates as he was shipping out. Now I can't talk about rumors of when homecoming might be.

I can say that the first little bit was really hard, but I'm settling in now. I can say that the communication I get with him is so fantastically encouraging...he is absolutely amazing at making me feel loved even from half a world away. I can say that I love him more than anything on earth and I am so proud of him. He is a true warrior.

We are working on a project together, writing a fantasy story that is based on our story. We have something like 25+ pages and are having an absolute blast. Who knows, maybe someday some version of it will be shared on here. He still tries to claim he isn't a writer, but every bit of story he pens has me begging him for more, and the letters he sends me are better still. The written word has always been special to us as we have exchanged so many texts, instant messages, and letters while we are apart. We fell in love writing to each other, and we each love to read each other's writing still...one of the reasons I'm updating this blog and will push myself to continue to.

I had thought about sharing some tiny snippet from his last letter, but..........I think I'm keeping it all for myself. :)

I could rant about Tricare, finding non-ugly bridesmaid dresses, or some people's silliness, but after dwelling on my awesome husband I'm just not in the mood. I've been itching to write about my favorite poet so I think I'll work on that for the next post. :P

No comments: